COLUMBUS, OH: Today, the March for Life announced its first-ever official Ohio March for Life on Wednesday, October 5th. The March for Life will celebrate life in Ohio, and work towards creating a culture of life in the state through legislation like the recently implemented Heartbeat Act. Notable guests and speakers will include: Jeanne Mancini, President of the March for Life Education and Defense Fund, Representative Jena Powell, Ohio District 80, His Excellency Bishop David Bonnar from the Roman Catholic Diocese of Youngstown , Ruth Cabrera-Henriquez, an Ohio mother who chose life despite pressure to abort, Margie Christie, the President of the Right to Life Action Coalition in Ohio, Pastor David Forbes of the Columbus Christian Center, Dr. Alveda King of Alveda King Ministries, Aaron Baer, the President of the Center for Christian Virtue, Peter Range, the Executive Director of Ohio Right to Life, and Damascus Worship.
“The March for Life, along with the Center for Christian Virtue, is delighted to welcome pro-life friends from Ohio to the first Ohio March for Life, where we will advocate for state laws that respect the human dignity of every person, born and unborn,” said Jeanne Mancini, President of March for Life Education and Defense Fund. “Every voice counts all the more in this historic new phase of the pro-life movement. The people of Ohio and the Ohio state legislature will surely witness the devotion and love that motivate their pro-life constituents, and the state’s enthusiasm for a post-Roe America.”
“Ohio is a pro-life state. From the passage of the Heartbeat Bill to the pregnancy centers throughout our 88 counties, Ohio has made protecting unborn children and their mothers a priority.” Said Aaron Baer, President, Center for Christian Virtue, “This year’s March for Life will be a celebration of all we’ve accomplished and a recommitment to serving those in need.”
The Ohio March for Life will start with a rally at the Columbus Statehouse/Capitol Building at 11:00 a.m. EST, followed by a march at 12:00 p.m. EST.
- His Excellency Bishop David Bonnar, Roman Catholic Diocese of Youngstown
- Pastor David Forbes, Columbus Christian Center
- Dr. Alveda King, Alveda King Ministries
- Aaron Baer, President of Center for Christian Virtue
- Peter Range, Executive Director of Ohio Right to Life
- Jeanne Mancini, President, March for Life Education and Defense Fund
- Musical Guest: Damascus Worship
- Representative Jena Powell (Ohio District 80)
- Ruth Cabrera-Henriquez, an Ohio mother who chose life for her son after being directed to get an abortion by her doctor.
- Margie Christie, President of the Right to Life Action Coalition of Ohio.
Learn more at oh.marchforlife.org Please email Bridget Hobbs (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Theresa Olohan (email@example.com) or Alexandra Bedner (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you plan to attend/cover.