|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 16, 2015
|CONTACT: Ryan Hughes
Shirley & Banister Public Affairs
March for Life Announces Details for Conference on January 21, 2016
|Washington, D.C – The March for Life Education and Defense Fund has announced details for its annual March for Life Conference to accompany the March For Life 2016 Rally this January. The March for Life Conference is designed to provide marchers with in-depth education on the yearly theme. The speakers and training sessions will provide information and training tools for marchers to go back to their communities equipped to make a difference for life in their communities. A continental breakfast will be served.
March for Life Conference
9:00 a.m. Keynote Session
10:00 a.m. Panel Discussion
11:00 a.m. Advocacy Training
The March for Life Education and Defense Fund has launched several new digital tools for the 2016 March for Life – the March for Life Movement Map, a Trip Finder, and the March for Life mobile app. The Map, debuted on December 4th, seven weeks prior to the 2016 event, shows the nationwide support for the March for Life, and allows marchers to share their participation on social media networks. The Trip Finder allows interested marchers to connect with trips from their local area, and the updated March for Life app, available on iTunes and Google Play, is an all-inclusive tool for March for Life planning, participation, as well as pro-life resources.
The March for Life in Washington, D.C., began as a small demonstration on January 22, 1974, the first anniversary of the now-infamous Supreme Court decisions in Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton and rapidly grew to be the largest pro-life event in the world. The peaceful demonstration that has followed on this somber anniversary every year since is a witness to the truth concerning the greatest human rights violation of our time, abortion.
|Jeanne Mancini, President of March for Life Education and Defense Fund, is available for interviews. For more information or to schedule an interview, please contact Ryan Hughes at RHughes@SBPublicAffairs.com or (703) 739-5920.
We are only 8 weeks away from the world’s largest pro-life rally! The March for Life is held in Washington, D.C. every year on the tragic anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court decisions, Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton that legalized abortion on demand. Whether you attend every year or 2015 will be your first, make sure you know these eight things about the 2015 March for Life!
1. First and foremost, until December 31, you can enter to win a $500 travel voucher, 2 nights at the Downtown DC Renaissance Hotel, and backstage passes to the March for Life rally!
3. 2015 is also the 25th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, landmark legislation that prohibits discrimination based on disability. Yet babies diagnosed with disabilities, or “perceived disabilities,” in the womb are targeted and aborted at rates of nearly 60%-90%.
4. You can download the March for Life Trip Planner to assist with all aspects of planning, and making the most out of your trip!
5. On January 21, 2015, you can attend the March for Life Conference, which consists of a Law Conference for law students and legal advocates, Capitol Hill 101 legislative advocacy training, a Culture of Life seminar on the 2015 theme, and a Youth Rally. All events are free, but you need to register.
6. The March for Life Expo is also free and open on Wednesday, January 21, and Thursday, January 22. This is a great opportunity to connect with pro-life organizations and ministries and pick up pro-life resources and gear.
7. Are you a student? Submit your entry for the March for Life Student Contest, “Every Selfie Has a Story,” and you could win a $100 iTunes gift, a $500 donation to a pro-life charity of your choice, and more!
8. Finally, there are many related events happening around the March for Life. Be sure to check out our website for the listing that’s being constantly updated!