Why you should attend
It is with great excitement that we are announcing the 2022 Ohio March for Life, scheduled for Wednesday, October 5 in Columbus!
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone to learn about the principles of effective lobbying, the specific and current issues Ohio is facing, and what you can do right now to champion pro-life policies to your OH elected representatives. This rally and march are suited for all levels of experience and comfort with advocacy.
Be sure to check back soon for more details and updates.
NEWS & UPDATES
Frequently asked questions
Why March on October 5, 2022
The Ohio March for Life is being held on October 5, 2022 in Columbus, OH – will be the biggest pro-life advocacy event in our state’s history! We are focusing on making a statement in support of life that will be heard loud and clear by our legislators. Our message of love for unborn children and their mothers will be heard by every member of the legislature as they come to Columbus that day during the legislative session.
What is the Schedule of Events
10:00 a.m. Pre-Rally Concert with Damascus Worship
11:00 a.m. Ohio March for Life Rally begins
12:00 p.m. Ohio March for Life begins
Where is the Rally
The rally will be held at the Ohio State Capitol Square, facing S. High Street. The address of the capitol building is 1 Capitol Square, Columbus, OH.
Who Will Speak at the Rally
His Excellency Bishop David Bonnar, Roman Catholic Diocese of Youngstown
Pastor David Forbes, Columbus Christian Center
Dr. Alveda King, Alveda King Ministries
Aaron Baer, President of Center for Christian Virtue
Peter Range, Executive Director of Ohio March for Life
Jeanne Mancini, President, March for Life Education and Defense Fund
Musical Guest: Damascus Worship
Additional speakers will be announced as October 5th approaches.
What is the March Route
DOWNLOAD a copy of the route map.
Is Registration Required
The 2022 Ohio March for Life is a public event that is open to all pro-life people. While registration is not required, you can sign up HERE for updates to be delivered to your email.
Will Signs be Provided
We encourage you to be creative and bring your own signs! It is likely that many groups will have signs available as well. You can find additional sign ideas HERE.
Please note: signs on sticks go against OH Capitol regulations and will not be permitted on Capitol premises! Please bring hand-held signs ONLY. We have been asked to request that any signs on sticks be removed from the sticks and carried by hand. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation!
Where Can I Find Promotional Materials
Are There Buses Going to the OH March for Life From My Area
We are so thrilled that you are able to join us for the Ohio March for Life on October 5! If bringing a bus, please fill out THIS FORM to let us know how many are coming and if any seats are available.
Buses are leaving on October 5 from…..
- Michael’s in Findlay – 2 buses
- Immaculate Conception in Port Clinton – 1 bus
- Tiffin Right to Life- 1 bus
- Divine Mercy Parish in Paulding – 1 bus
- Joseph in Maumee – 1 bus
- Darke County Right to Life – 1 bus
- Knights of Columbus council in Brecksville- 1 bus
- Franciscan University – 2 vans
- Cleveland Right to Life- 3 buses
- Right to Life of Northeast Ohio – 7 buses
- Brunswick Knights of Columbus – bringing 1 bus with 40 seats still available
- Foundation for Life- Bethel Church, Perrysburg Ohio- bringing 1 bus – 50 seats available
- Luke’s Church- Beavercreek – bringing 1 bus – 20 seats available
- Elder Highschool Pro-Life Club- Cincinnati – 1 bus
- Anthony Respect Life Group – St. Anthony Catholic Church – 1 bus– 52 spaces remaining
- Mercer County Right to Life- Celina Ohio- 1 bus– plenty of space available, please enquire
- Additional Cleveland Right to Life- Berea, Brecksville, Westlake, South Euclid – TBD, if you are from this area, please enquire!
- Joseph Catholic Church\Right to Life of Stark County- bringing 1 bus -13 seats remaining
- Dark County Right to Life- bringing 1 bus – 12-20 seats still available
- Shelby County Right to Life- bringing 1 bus- 15 seats remaining
- Cincinnati Right to Life- St. Gertrude Church- bringing 1 bus- 45 seats remaining
- Henry County Right to Life- bringing 1 bus – 15 seats remaining
For more information- contact Nilani Jawahar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where is the Bus/Van Drop Off
Check back soon for drop off details.
Where Can I Park the Day of the Event
Visit the links below for parking details around the Ohio Statehouse
Where Can My Bus Park in Columbus
Greater Columbus Convention Center
- Scott M. Keeton, CPP CTA- Parking Manager
- Direct: (614) 827-2526
- E: SKeeton@columbusconventions.com
- Cost: $40.00/per bus plus an on-line convenience fee when purchasing.
- To reserve: https://parking.columbusconventions.com/Onlinetickets/index.aspx?qs=gKSB4GKmI67JrHpYHEPc9w%3d%3d
The Potter’s House- 3220 Lowell Dr. Columbus, OH 43204
- Cost: free
- Can hold up to 20-25 buses
- Need to be gone by 4pm
Where Can I Use the Restroom During the Event
There are restrooms in the Capitol Building.
Will I See My Ohio State Senator or State Representative
We encourage you to contact your legislators prior to the March and setup a time to meet with them after the March and Rally. If you do not have an appointment, you can still go to the Legislative Office Building, which is connected directly to the Capitol, and leave a message for them with the receptionist. You can find and schedule an appointment with your legislators here.
Will Other Pro-Life Events Be Happening Around the OH March for Life
A Mass for Life will be celebrated at St. Joseph Cathedral by Bishop Bonnar at 9:00 AM.
Dr. Alveda King
Alveda King Ministries
Center of Christian Value, President
Ohio Right to Life, Executive Director
March for Life, President
President of the Right to Life Action Coalition of Ohio
Rep. Jena Powell
OH - District 80
Pastor David Forbes
Columbus Christian Center
Bishop David Bonnar
Diocese of Youngstown
Together, we CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Here are a few ways you can help out.
Promote this event on social media and in your community by using the hashtags #WhyWeMarch and #OHMarchForLife.
Becoming a participating organization by filling out this form and submitting it to this email address.
Donate to support the growing State March for Life program.
Volunteer at the Ohio March for Life.
If you have a specific question, contact the Ohio March for Life.