March for Life Announces Additional Speakers for the 47th Annual March for Life
Washington, D. C. – The March for Life Education and Defense Fund is excited to announce two additional speakers at the 47th annual March for Life on January 24th, 2020. The First Lady of Louisiana Donna Hutto Edwards and Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) will be speaking at the March for Life Rally. First Lady of Louisiana Donna Hutto Edwards has been a strong supporter of the pro-life movement and, despite being advised to abort, chose life for her daughter after she was diagnosed with spina bifida in the womb. Rep. Scalise has been a staunch advocate for the sanctity of life in Congress, especially through his work on the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act. The theme for this year’s March for Life is Life Empowers: Pro-Life is Pro-Woman.
We are honored to have the First Lady of Louisiana and Rep. Steve Scalise speaking at this year’s March for Life,” said Jeanne Mancini, president of March for Life. “Both First Lady Edwards and Rep. Scalise are inspiring pro-life advocates whose work and personal experiences speak to the dignity of every life.
Additional speakers at the March for Life Rally include:
- Jim Daly – President, Focus on the Family
- Marjorie Dannenfelser – President, Susan B. Anthony List
- Elisa Martinez – Founder, New Mexico Alliance for Life
- David Platt – Pastor, McLean Bible Church
- His Grace Bishop Apostolos of Medeia
- State Senator Katrina Jackson (D-LA)
- Representative Chris Smith (R-NJ)
- Melissa Ohden, survivor of a failed saline infusion abortion
- Claire Culwell, survivor of a failed surgical abortion