Tips for First-Time March for Life Participants
The 45th annual March for Life is right around the corner. Many of you have been marching for years, while others are attending for the first time – we welcome all pro-life Americans to march with us!
Below are a few tips to make sure you’re ready for the 2018 March for Life.
- Be prepared for cold weather!
- Check the weather forecast before you’ll leave, but bring your warmest winter coat, no matter what!
- Wear layers – you can add or remove depending on the temperature.
- Bring hot hands for pockets, gloves, or boots.
- Definitely bring gloves and hats, and wear comfortable, water-proof shoes.
- Stay connected with your group members.
- The crowds are very large, so try and stay physically connected to your group as much as possible.
- Make sure everyone has at least one leader’s cell phone number.
- Give everyone a map – you can print off paper copies OR download the March for Life app.
- Inform everyone of time and meeting place after the march is finished.
- Know your transportation options.
- Again, if you’re with a large group, make sure everyone is informed.
- If you’re traveling with a small group, we recommend using public transportation.
- Buy your metro cards ahead of time, and know the stations you are using.
- Bring signs!
- Be creative, and let the world know why we march!
- Check out a few ideas HERE.
- Even if you forget or can’t bring signs, many groups will have signs to hand out on the National Mall.
- Get ready to document your experience!
- It’s important to show “why we march” – beforehand, post pictures, messages of why you will be marching for life with #whywemarch.
- With the technology and social media options we have, every marcher can be a “citizen journalist.”
- During the event, post pictures and videos of the crowd with #whywemarch & #marchforlife.
- See all your posts at WhyWeMarch.org.
- Consider wearing gloves that have screen sensitive finger tips!
- Bring an extra battery charger for your devices!
- Attend the March for Life Expo
- Visit the March for Life expo before or after the rally and march – this is a great way to get connected to pro-life organizations and ministries so that you can stay involved in the pro-life movement all year round.
- You can get your #WhyWeMarch picture taken at the March for Life photo booth!
- Stay connected with the March for Life
- Sign up for text message alerts so you can get important, late-breaking information: Text MARCH to 73075.
- Sign up for March for Life emails for information before and after the event.
- Download the March for Life app for maps, schedule, speaker bios, etc.
- Follow the March for Life on social media.
The March for Life is an incredibly important opportunity for pro-life Americans from all across the country to come together and be a unified voice for a culture of life. We hope you will join us!