The First 100 Days
One week after the Inauguration of the 45th President of the United States, pro-life America marched in our nation’s capital to remember the 58 million Americans lost to abortion since 1973, and to continue the effort to build a culture of life in this country!
The White House showed unprecedented support for the March for Life by sending Kellyanne Conway, senior counselor to the President, and longtime pro-life hero, Vice President Mike Pence – the highest-ranking White House official ever to address the March for Life!
With this enthusiasm, the 44th March for Life was one of the most powerful and impactful marches ever, further solidifying our commitment to ending abortion in our lifetime.
>>>> Watch a recap of the March for Life with the remarks of Vice President Pence:
Since the March for Life in January, participants, and supporters across the country have continued to build a culture of life by advocating for pro-life policies under the new Congress and Administration.
Thank you for making your voice heard!
It is hard to believe that we are now at the “100 Day” mark for the new Administration. In a short period of time, we’ve seen many positive pro-life policy decisions. The Obama Administration is considered to be the most pro-abortion presidency ever, possibly only to have been outdone by presidential candidate and abortion champion Hillary Clinton had she won in November. (Clinton is set to receive Planned Parenthood’s “champion of the century” award next week.)
We are grateful for the pro-life policy decisions in the first 100 Days, including:
- Unprecedented support for the 2017 March for Life, sending the Vice President to speak to marchers;
- Strong pro-life appointments to key leadership roles including Attorney General Jeff Sessions, HHS Secretary Tom Price, and UN Ambassador Nikki Haley;
- Reinstatement of the Mexico City Policy, prohibiting U.S. funding of abortion providers overseas;
- Defunding of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), a participant in China’s one-child policy;
- Enactment of the Congressional Review Act (H.J. Res 43) to allow individual states the ability to redirect Title X funding away from abortion providers like Planned Parenthood;
- Nomination and confirmation of Justice Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court.
>>>> Watch Jeanne Mancini recap the Trump Administration’s first 100 days:
The pro-abortion lobby is reeling from the election losses in November and the enactment of pro-life policies. They protested the nomination of Neil Gorsuch, despite his impeccable education, experience, and previous bipartisan support. With reports of a possible Supreme Court Justice retirement later this year, we can be sure to expect an intense battle like we haven’t previously witnessed.
At the March for Life, we are working tirelessly for pro-life policies — like preventing tax dollars from pouring into Planned Parenthood — and continuing to strive to build a culture of life year-round.
It has been quite a busy 100 days, for the new Administration and the March for Life! Changing our culture and our laws for life is a year-round effort and we are honored to partner with you in this life-saving work.