FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 16, 2015
|CONTACT: Ryan Hughes
Shirley & Banister Public Affairs
Speakers to Share Experience with Global Pro-Life Movement
Washington, D.C.—The March for Life Education and Defense Fund announced today the lineup of speakers for the March for Life’s Annual Gathering on the National Mall on January 22, 2015 at 11:00 AM ET. They will have the opportunity to share their touching stories and experiences with the global pro-life movement.
“We welcome these remarkable speakers to join our cause to help advocate for the protection of every life, and they strongly believe that every life is a gift,” said Jeanne Monahan-Mancini, President of March for Life Education and Defense Fund. “Their moving experience and testimonies will give us all the more reason to gather in solidarity to advocate for every life.”
- Rev. Joseph Kurtz, President of U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Dr. Grazie Pozo Christie, M.D.
- Carl Anderson, Supreme Knight of the Knights of Columbus
- Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA)
- Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ)
- Rep. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL)
- Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC)
- Kathleen Wilson of Mary’s Shelter
- Julia Johnson, Senior at Shanley High School
- Nancy Kreuzer, Silent No More
- Kristan Hawkins, President of Students for Life
- Rev. Sammy Rodriguez, National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
The March for Life in Washington, D.C., began as a small demonstration on January 22, 1974, the first anniversary of the now-infamous Supreme Court decisions in Roe v Wade and Doe v Bolton and rapidly grew to be the largest pro-life event in the world. The peaceful demonstration that has followed on this somber anniversary every year since is a witness to the truth concerning the greatest human rights violation of our time, legalized abortion on demand.
Jeanne Monahan-Mancini, President of March for Life Education and Defense Fund, is available for interviews. For more information or to schedule an interview, please contact Ryan Hughes at RHughes@SBPublicAffairs.com or (703) 739-5920.