Friday, January 19, 2018
National Mall – 12th St.
- President of the United States Donald J. Trump, via video satellite
- House Speaker Paul Ryan
- Pam Tebow, mother former NFL quarterback Tim Tebow
- Matt Birk, former NFL player, and wife Adrianna Birk
- U.S. Representative Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-WA)
- U.S. Representative Dan Lipinski (D-IL)
- U.S. Representative Chris Smith (R-NJ)
- Sr. Bethany Madonna, Sisters of Life
- Metropolitan Tikhon, Archbishop of Washington, Metropolitan of All America and Canada, Orthodox Church of America
- Bishop Vincent Matthews Jr., President of the International Missions Department of the Church of God in Christ
11:30 a.m. Musical Opening featuring Plumb!
12:00 p.m. Rally Program.
1:00 p.m. March up Constitution Avenue to Supreme Court and Capitol Building.
3:00 p.m. After finishing marching:
- Silent No More testimonies outside U.S. Supreme Court.
- Advocate for life to your Representative or Senators.
- Visit the March for Life Expo.
Location – updated information (a change from 2017)
The March for Life Rally will take place at noon at 12th St. on the National Mall, in between Madison Drive and Jefferson Drive. Following the Rally, the March will begin on Constitution Avenue between 12th and 14th Streets at approximately 1:00 pm.
Please use the Metro to arrive at the rally site. Recommend locations: Federal Triangle, Smithsonian, Metro Center. For metro info:
http://www.wmata.com/fares/smartrip/. (Check out our March for Life map — you can print off paper copies OR download the March for Life app.)
Have your metro card easily accessible, before you enter the station. Metro Stations are crowded during rush hour, and even more crowded on the March for Life, during rush hour. Keep in mind that in the Washington Metro system, you need to tap in and tap out of their faregates. One way to alleviate long lines, and avoid the frustration of fellow metro riders is to have your metro card ready, in your hand, before you enter the line for the faregate. Also you do not need to wait for the gates to close after the person in front of you walks through, just ensure you tap your card to the SmarTrip target and proceed through the gate.
While walking, and riding the metro in D.C. please be respectful of residents and commuters. Let’s show the Nation’s Capital how passionate and polite and respectful pro-lifers really are! Please read these 6 tips for riding the metro.
Do not leave trash or signs on the grounds of the National Mall, Supreme Court, or Capitol. This is our Nation’s Capital and we should treat it with dignity and respect. If trash bins are full, please carry your trash or sign with you until you find an available trash bin.
Do not engage with counter-protesters. Once again, please be respectful of all people and stay focused on the cause of promoting and celebrating life, lovingly, prayerfully, and graciously.
JOIN US AT THE WORLD’S LARGEST PRO-LIFE EVENT