2015 Hotel Information
We are excited to announce our new host hotel — THE RENAISSANCE DC DOWNTOWN HOTEL.
Offering more than 800 guest rooms and over 64,000 square feet of total meeting space, this hotel will allow us to increase our room block and grow participation at all of our events!
The Renaissance DC Downtown Hotel is located only a few blocks away from the National Mall in the unique Penn Quarter District, between Capitol Hill and the White House. The hotel location offers great shopping, dining, nightlife and cultural experiences right outside its doors.
Looking to join a bus trip to the March for Life in Washington?
Most buses to the MARCH FOR LIFE are sponsored by local parishes or Knights of Columbus councils. Check with your diocesan Respect Life Office to see if they have information on bus trips being organized in your area. Also, community newspapers or the diocesan newspaper may carry information about buses going to the March.
Buses, vans, and cars traveling to the March for Life should park at RFK stadium. Parking for buses is $35.00 in cash, or $7.00 for vans or cars. Should you need to pay in advance via credit card, call EventsDC at 202-608-1100.
Tour Bus Information: The following links should answer most of your questions.
While you are in D.C.:
Planning and Travel Information
Checklist for Bus Captains and Group Leaders
Before you arrive in Washington, D.C.:
- Advise marchers to check with their Representative and Senators about making an appointment to speak with them about protecting unborn children after the March.
- Purchase Metrorail (Metro) fare cards for each Marcher in your group.
- Arrange bus parking at either RFK Stadium or the Basilica.
- For those staying overnight, reserve lodging.
- Register for March for Life events (Youth rally, Rose Dinner, Law Conference, Nellie Gray 5K Run/Walk).
- Prepare your pro-life signs!
While you are in Washington, D.C.:
- Make sure Marchers know the schedule for the day, rally, March, and post-March.
- Provide Metro map, D.C. map, parking information, and bus captain cell phone numbers so that Marchers don’t get lost.
- Advise Marchers to wear layers of warm clothing, gloves, and hat! Temperatures are likely to be in the mid-30s.
- Have $35.00 in cash for bus parking ($7.00 for car or van).
- Instruct Marchers to not engage with demonstrators who are involved in unruly behavior, even if they appear to be on the pro-life side.
- The March for Life Education and Defense Fund does not sponsor any petitions on the Mall or along the March. Caution your group to be wary of anyone who approaches them asking for signatures.
- The only people authorized to collect donations on behalf of the March for Life Education and Defense Fund are Knights of Columbus volunteers.