In May, the House of Representatives passed a health care reconciliation bill that contained pro-life protections, such as a prohibition on any federal tax subsidies paying for abortion and a redirection of Planned Parenthood’s funding towards Federally Qualified Health Centers.
But with so many issues on the table, I’m concerned about our pro-life priorities remaining in the legislation as it works its way through the Senate.
This is the opportunity to defund Planned Parenthood, so pro-life America must speak out!
WATCH March for Life President Jeanne Mancini and March for Life Action President Tom McClusky discuss the pro-life concerns with the legislation.
Thank you for making your voice heard on this important issue!
Planned Parenthood typically releases its annual report in December or January each year, but only made their latest report, for 2015-2016, available earlier this week, six months late. Could it be that they sought to delay or hide the truth about the “services” they provide?
As Congress considers healthcare reform legislation that would redirect the federal funding Planned Parenthood currently receives to Federally Qualified Health Centers, this latest report from the nation’s largest abortion provider gives information that pro-life Americans need to know.
Here are six points from Planned Parenthood’s latest annual report:
- In the last year,* Planned Parenthood performed 328,348 abortions. This is an increase of over 4,300 more abortions from the prior year. Note that the national number of abortions decreased during this time. Planned Parenthood is increasing its market value for abortions.
- Total revenue ($1.354 billion) and government funding ($554.6 million) in 2016 are the highest they have been for Planned Parenthood.
- Planned Parenthood made more than $77 million in profit. This is an increase of $19 million more than the year prior. Keep in mind that Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization. Additionally, Planned Parenthood invests heavily in electing abortion advocates. A recent article revealed that Planned Parenthood’s political arms spent over $38 million in election funding between 2012-2016.
- Non-reproductive health care services have greatly decreased. Cancer screenings have dropped by half since 2011, abortions now outnumber basic breast exams for the first time in its history.
- The number of patients and prenatal services continue to decrease. Prenatal services have dropped by almost a half since last year alone, and the number of patients is down by four percent.
- They falsely claim that the Center for Medical Progress Video footage containing damning evidence of Planned Parenthood’s involvement in the trafficking of baby parts was “heavily edited” and “widely discredited”. However, a forensic analysis and congressional investigation have disproven these erroneous talking points. Read more HERE.
As you can see abortion and revenue numbers continue to go up, and women’s health services continue to decrease, and yet government funding has increased over the past year.
What can you do?
- Please share this information and the graphic below to show the truth about Planned Parenthood, our nation’s largest abortion provider.
- Contact your lawmakers to demand an end to federal funding of abortion providers like Planned Parenthood. It is the right thing to do, and over 60% of Americans oppose their taxpayer dollars paying for abortions.