2018 Host hotel for March for Life sponsored events and lodging
The Renaissance DC Downtown Hotel is located across from Washington Convention Center, between Capitol Hill and the White House. The hotel is 25 miles from Washington Dulles Airport and 5 miles from Ronald Reagan Washington National. Guests of Renaissance Washington DC Downtown Hotel have free access to the Vida Fitness Center. The hotel is just one mile from the Smithsonian Institute and the Air & Space Museum. There are 2 metro stations within a 5 minute walk of the hotel. The hotel has several restaurants on site, including The Presidents Sports Bar and the Fifteen Squares Restaurant. The hotel also features a sandwich bar and a Starbucks cafe.
Offering more than 800 guest rooms and over 64,000 square feet of total meeting space, this hotel will allow us to increase our room block and grow participation at all of our events! (Please note, the Renaissance DC Downtown Hotel is owned and operated by Sunstone Properties.)
For questions or additional assistance, please contact Mary Lembke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.234.3300 ext 104
Group and Individual Reservations
THE ROOM BLOCK IS NOW OPEN FOR GROUPS REQUESTING 5 OR MORE ROOMS.
Individual reservations will open in mid-October.
The March for Life has guaranteed the bulk of our rooms for three nights, Wednesday, January 17; Thursday, January 18 and Friday, January 19, 2018. We also have some rooms blocked before and after these dates for those wishing to extend their time in Washington DC.
Priority will be given to requests for multi-night stays in order to maximize the number of marchers we can accommodate. Please consider staying more than one night when planning your trip. If your request for a single night stay is not accepted, we will assist you with finding alternate lodging.
The March for Life room block rate is based on the current applicable federal government per diem rate plus tax per night. The rate applies to all room types including single, double, triple and quadruple occupancy.
Groups must submit their rooming lists to the hotel by Friday, November 10, 2017 or rooms will be released for general sale. Rooming lists must include all guests’ names that will be occupying each room. Click HERE to download the rooming list.
Please e-mail or fax your completed housing form to Ann Foley at Ann.Foley@marriott.com.
SENIOR GROUP ROOMS & BILLING COORDINATOR
RENAISSANCE DC DOWNTOWN HOTEL
999 9th St NW, Washington, DC 20001
T 202.682.3412 F 202.682.3419
Groups must submit their rooming lists to the hotel by Friday, November 10 or rooms will be released for general sale. Rooming lists must include all guests’ names that will be occupying each room.
We encourage you to make your reservation early as the hotel will SELL OUT!
Hotel Policies and Procedures
Cancellation Policy and Penalties
- The March for Life will charge a cancellation fee of one night’s room and taxes after our cutoff dates of December 31, 2017. * Please note these rates are tentative until prevailing government per diem rates are published in September.
- No-shows on-site will be considered a cancellation and will be assessed the cancellation fee.
This policy has been implemented to protect the March for Life from attrition penalty fees due to cancellations and no-shows. The March incurred heavy penalties in 2015 due to room cancellations after the cut-off date.
A deposit of one night’s room and tax is required to guarantee a reservation at the time of booking and can be made by:
- Credit Card or
- Check/Money Order.
Identification for hotel
The hotel requires a photo ID for check-in or to re-issue a key. A student ID or driver’s license is highly recommended for all students and minors. Group Leaders and advisers will need to obtain keys for students without ID’s during check-in or in the event that a key is lost.
- From Gallery Place: Take the 9th Street (Chinatown) Exit. When you get to the top of the escalators, make a U-turn and North until you get to I Street. Once on I Street make a left and proceed walking to the Hotel.
- From Metro Center: Take the 11th & G Streets Exit. Go through glass doors that leads to the Hyatt. Go out the front doors of the Hyatt, which would put you put you on H Street. Make a left on to 9th Street and you will see the Renaissance Hotel on the right side
Hotel Guest Parking
- Valet – $45, plus tax ($8.10) with in/out privileges
- Self Parking – $35 inclusive
Non-Hotel Guest Parking
- Hourly Valet up to 3 hrs. @$22, plus tax
- Hourly Valet 3 hrs. to 24 hrs. @$42, plus tax
- Hourly Self Parking 0 to 1 hour: $11, 1 to 9 hours: $17, 9 to 16 hours: $24, 16 to 24 hours: $35
Please note that no vans are allowed in garage.
MEETING ROOM REQUESTS
As a courtesy, the March for Life has reserved a small number of meeting rooms at the Renaissance Washington DC for school and church groups to hold religious services. Meeting space will be offered on a first come, first served basis and will only be available to groups that are staying at the host hotel. Please do NOT reach out directly to the hotel in regards to this. Please direct any questions related to meeting room requests to Mary Lembke, email@example.com.